To start: It is essential that cars are equipped with contact wheels. The contact wheels make the car behave more stable on wet and slippery terrain. The best, in case ...
Driving In Snow or Ice
Driving in snow in Bariloche: Winter is a very special time in San Carlos de Bariloche. Temperatures go down, there is snow and ice on our roads and this makes us have to take some reservations. Mainly we have to know that weather we will count on our trip to Bariloche.
It is essential that cars are equipped with contact wheels. The contact wheels make the car behave more stable on wet and slippery terrain.
The best thing, in case we find snow or ice, is to go out later with our car, when the sun is already up.
Always keep a good distance with the car that travels ahead of us. We need much more distance to stop.
Tips when driving on snow or ice:
- No sudden movement is good, preferably you have to brake with the gearbox, making “recesses”.
- If the glasses are frozen, never put hot water. It is best to throw cold water on them.
- It can also happen to you with locks, then warm or hot water to unlock the mechanisms.
- Never pull the doors, because being frozen can break. Warm water too.
- If you see that it is snowing, and you will be out of the car for a long time. Lift the windshield wipers.
- Always inform yourself about the state of the route you are going to travel. We can help you.
- Change this National Road and Gendarmerie that has all the latest data.
- It is essential, if you travel with minors, who are always in their respective chairs, never out of them or without a belt.
These tips for driving on snow and ice in Bariloche will help you and make you enjoy more of our particular climatic conditions.
Finally, we wish you a successful stay in Bariloche and have the best travel experience.